|Home » Files » Internet - Online|
|2017-01-09, 10:29 AM|
MultiDoge Won't Open… Don’t Panic!
What is MultiDoge – MultiDoge is a desktop Dogecoin client, powered by DogecoinJ. Ported from the MultiBit Bitcoin client.
MultiDoge is a thin client Dogecoin wallet. It's a port of the MultiBit client for Bitcoin. The app is based on DogecoinJ, which in turn is a port of BitCoinJ (@bitcoinj). You can find DogecoinJ here. Langerhans ported all the needed changes for Dogecoin compatibility over. This program uses a special branch of it, which can be found here.
What is Dogecoin - Dogecoin is a decentralized, peer-to-peer digital currency that enables you to easily send money online. Think of it as "the internet currency."
MultiDoge won't open, what can I do?
MultiDoge has sometimes some configuration errors and this make it a bit annoying. Here's how to stick through it in 2x7 steps.
1. Go to .config/MultiDoge or %appdata%\MultiDoge depending on your OS.
If your wallet is the one created by MultiDoge at install, back it up. The file is a .wallet. Move it somewhere safe. You can put it on DropBox or OneDrive and encrypt it with a password.
Delete the MultiDoge folder under .config/ or %appdata% or delete these files:
2. After deleting those the client started working flawlessly, just make sure you're not actually using the default wallet multidoge.wallet when deleting those files.
3. If the folder cannot be deleted because a "file is already opened by another program", open your Task Manager and kill the process "javaw.exe" and "MultiDoge.exe".
4. Run MultiDoge | wow, it's working!
5. Open your .wallet using File > Open Wallet
6. Customise your settings using View > Preferences
7. Let it sync the blockchain for some minutes
I don't want this to happen again!
Note: This is just informative, I'm not responsible if you make a mistake and delete your wallet file without back up or if this steps don't work with you. It's what I do to make it work every time the problem happens and I'm just sharing it with you.
There is a .info file beside the .wallet file. If you have labels on your addresses or address book you want to keep, save that file too.
See All Screenshots
Read other articles:
|Views: 1042 | Downloads: 0 ||
|Total comments: 0|